Let's Be Social!
Hi! I'm Noreen, wife, mother of two amazing, almost grown, daughters, content creator, cook, baker and sister in Christ. Welcome to my Kitchen! I hope you stick around, enjoy the recipes and share them with those you love!
Tips for Rolling Out the Perfect Pie Crust
1. Make sure your dough has been chilled at least 30 minutes. If you find the dough to be a bit too hard to roll out, simply allow it to sit for a few minutes until it rolls a bit more easily.
2. Cold is key. You want your dough to be a bit cold, because you will use less bench flour.
3. Use only as much bench flour as you need. Too much can make the dough to become tough and unpleasant.
4. Only roll in one direction. Start by rolling away from you. Then lift your pin and roll back. Never roll back and forth in a see saw motion. This also will result in a tough dough.
5. Roll one direction then turn your dough. Never move your pin in different angles. Turn the dough and roll. Turn and roll. This will ensure that your dough is evenly rolled out.
6. Let your pie plate be your guide. Measure for fit by holding your pie plate just above your rolled out dough. Making sure that you have at least 2 inches more so you have plenty of room for the sides and a pretty edge.
7. To move your pie crust into the pie plate, gently roll it up on the pin and lay it into the pie plate. Then you can fit the dough into the plate and form your edge.
Using these tips will ensure that you have success every time you want to make a beautiful pie!
Noreen's Kitchen © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.